Saturday, March 30, 2013

{getting creative}

We had such a fantastic time this last week with some friends that were in town. There is just something to be said for having people around who are like-minded and believe in the same things you do. I'm lucky enough to have a few really great mom friends who fit that description.

I seriously love feeding people. I love buying food for the people I love. I love feeding people that come into my home, just ask Joshua... I do not like to eat alone. Since we have started eating real food we haven't had many chances to cook for other people. It was nice to be able to do that last week. There were 9 people in this house! Luckily for them they came on what we will call budget week 1 (aka the week after payday...lots more food choices in the house)...today starts budget week 2... the week before payday... where I have to get very creative with our meals. There is still plenty of food to eat but it can be an experiment on how it is going to taste! :)

For dinner tonight I am going to make some sort of chickpea salad... I guess. I have canned chickpeas, green salsa (thanks to Emily), Swiss chard, dandelion greens, red onions, and garlic.
 I will let you know how it turns out!

I also have some sort of broccoli tater tot things pinned on my {real food} board on pinterest but after the melted plastic and fire I started this morning... it may be pb&j for the littles again tonight....sorry guys.

I think my coffee pot is calling my name.

1 comment:

  1. So... My dinner did not turn out as planned. We had a bad day and got pizza instead. The end.

    ReplyDelete