Tuesday, April 23, 2013

{screen free week}

Starting next Monday we are going to participate in the CCFC's Screen Free Week. (April, 29th - May, 5th) Here is there website to learn more. http://www.screenfree.org/ .

We used to do this as kids and I am so excited to do it with my boys! I am mostly excited for more time with my husband. I honestly do not think we have a problem of watching tv too much. I'm sure on some days the boys get more then they really should but hey everyone has hard days. But it is the leappads, ipads, cell phones that take up a lot of our time. It is the go-to thing to do.

 I would like to change that.

Here are the {RULES} we would like to stick to:

1) No TV for anyone.
2) No screen games, LeapPad, IPad, or on our cell phones.
3) No Facebook, social media or other types of internet.
4) The only screen time allowed is for bills, and Joshua and I must both be present.
5) Text and phone calls are O.K.

I am also not going to be using pinterest for my recipes...gasp...So I must have a plan.

Overall I just want to spend more time with my cavemen and learn something.

No comments:

Post a Comment